Board of Voter Registration and Elections of Spartanburg County
366 N. Church, St. Room 1630
POST OFFICE BOX 1287
SPARTANBURG, SOUTH CAROLINA 29304-1287
TELEPHONE (864)-596-2549 FAX (864)- 596-2958
NOTICE OF FILING FOR OFFICE
LANDRUM AREA FIRE & RESCUE DISTRICT
GENERAL ELECTION NOVEMBER 7, 2017
Be advised that the Landrum Area Fire & Rescue District will have its non-partisan general election on Tuesday, November 7, 2017 to fill 5 seats on the District’s Governing Commission. Two seats for Region 1 (the region within the corporate limits of the City of Landrum in Spartanburg County); two seats for Region 2 (the region surrounding the City of Landrum designated as the Landrum Community Fire Service Area by Resolution 836, adopted by Spartanburg County Council on November 28, 1990). One seat for Region 3 is to be filled from Greenville County.
Filing opens at Noon, July 14, 2017
Filing closes at Noon, August 9, 2017
Interested persons for Regions 1 and 2 must be a Spartanburg County registered voter and Candidates must be residents of the district for which they file for at least 30 days prior to the election. Candidates for Region 3 must be a Greenville County registered voter and register at the Greenville County Voter Registration Office.
Candidates must complete a non-partisan Statement of Candidacy form which is available at either www.scvotes.org, or the County Voter Registration and Elections Office. These forms must be turned in to the Spartanburg County Voter Registration & Elections Office no later than Noon, August 9, 2017.
Additionally, each candidate must access the SC Ethics Commission website and electronically complete and file with Ethics a Statement of Economic Interest form. Candidates must also file pre-campaign disclosure forms.
Henry M. Laye, III
NOTE: There are some differences in filing for the Region 3 seat representing the Greenville County portion of the District.
- Filing opens at Noon on July 14, 2017 and closes at Noon, August 15, 2017.
- Filing for the Region 3 seat will take place at the Greenville County Voter Registration and Elections Office (301 University Ridge, Suite 1900, Greenville, SC 29601).
- Filing times and days will be from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Photo identification is required, and the Greenville County Voter Registration and Elections Office staff will verify voter registration within the district and the region.
- A Statement of Intention of Candidacy will be signed and witnessed by staff.
- The candidate is responsible for filing the proper information with the State Ethics Commission.